Huggies has BIG news!



Admittedly, like most moms, I have tried different brands of nappies and wipes. Each has their pros and cons, but I always seem to find myself coming back to Huggies. They offer quality at affordable prices, leaving both mom and baby, very happy!

I was both giddy and honoured to be invited to the Huggies launch which took place this past Thursday. The invite gave very little away about what they had up their sleeves, but that just added to my excitement.

Although I tried my hardest to be prepared for an early morning, let’s admit that with a baby who is just under 3 months – you’re never on time! I knew that an early morning breakfast meant even earlier flights and despite my attempts, I still found myself running late. Luckily, I had checked in the evening before and PE has a tiny airport which you literally take 3 steps and you are through security. Before I knew it, I was up in the air with my little one safe and snug in his sling.

-- Let me just rant for a minute --

As a side note, to the business people who travel on the first flight out – when you see a newborn getting on the plane, try hide those rolling eyes and rather give an encouraging smile. Really? Axl didn’t even cry during take-off and landing and mom came prepared with several bottles to assist with any ear problems. To the gentleman who assisted me, on my flight back to PE, thank you for coming up to me after the flight and telling me how well behaved my son was.

-- okay, I am done.--

Our flight arrived earlier than expected which gave me the opportunity to change and feed Axl before excitedly meeting the Cape Town bloggers. These are the people who I cyber stalk and ooh-and-ahh over their cute babies. I love reading their blogs, especially about the milestones their kiddies have reached, so I can watch for Axl reaching them too. They inspire and motivate my own writing – so to be given the opportunity to meet likeminded people, was truly an honour! 



Arriving at Sci-Bono sent me back to my primary school years, when we visited the centre to experiment and play. The path to the rooftop was decorated with pink and blue balloons, adding to the build-up. We were welcomed with huge smiles and COFFEE - which every mommy needs after an early morning – before hearing all about the BIG news!

So what’s the Big Huggies News? (Excerpt from press release)


Huggies® delights moms with the latest product innovations

Huggies® understands that you want your baby to be protected and as comfortable as possible, which is why you regularly change your little one’s nappy to ensure a dry bottom as much as possible. Nevertheless, a pressing question should be: How long would you leave your baby in a wet nappy? Is it fifteen minutes, ten minutes, two minutes?

As far as Huggies® is concerned, the answer to that question is: no longer than a few seconds.

“Huggies® is always looking for ways to refine our product offering”, says Li-Anne Hide, Senior Brand Manager for Huggies®. “Top of mind is always finding the most effective means of keeping your little one’s skin dry, focussing on ways to maximise the rate of liquid absorption and provide an optimal overall comfort for him/her. Taking all these criteria into account, we are proud to introduce our driest nappy yet - Huggies® Gold for Boys and Girls with an innovative DryTouchTM liner.”


The DryTouchTM liner quickly draws in wetness away from your baby and distributes the fluid evenly inside the core. This means that with the new and improved Huggies® Gold for Boys and Girls your baby will be dry in just seconds, so you are assured that you are doing the best for your baby. The state-of-the-art DryTouchTM liner is ultra-soft for ultimate skin protection, and together with the new softer and more flexible waistband, provides an enhanced experience in nappy comfort.


The nappies still provide special tailored absorption, accommodating the differences between boys and girls, with the unique Huggies® Gold nappy shape, made to fit like underwear to facilitate extra contentment. And to delight you and your tiny tot even further, the soft, breathable outer cover design is getting a new set of exclusive 
Disney© pictures of Mickey and Minnie Mouse, giving your little one the best in style and comfort.


Available at major retailers, Huggies® Gold for Boys and Girls comes in four sizes: size 3 (6 – 10 kg); size 4 (8 - 14 kg); size 4+ (12 – 16 kg) and size 5 (15+ kg). The product is on offer in a bag and a megabox. 


After hearing about their exciting new line of Huggies Gold, (and more news to come in mid-August) we were given the opportunity to test and compare the new nappies to competing brands. I thoroughly enjoyed this experiment, as often, I wonder how true the claims are which appear throughout TV adverts.

Put to the Test:
Huggies Gold and the competing nappy were clipped onto boards and put at 45 degree angles. We poured a test tube of water onto each. The water just ran off the competing nappy, leaving our table cloth wet whereas Huggies absorbed the water, and didn’t allow for any spillage. We then poured more water (about 500ml) on to the new Huggies Gold nappy, and were genuinely impressed and surprised that after a few seconds, the surface of the nappy was completely dry. – No jokes!



In my opinion, the new nappy is more flexible and by far the driest nappy that I have had the opportunity to try. I love their new design which is super cute while sticking to the Mickey and Minnie mouse theme. 



After the presentations, we were treated to the most divine treats, a smoothie bar, freshly baked goods and a table of what I can only describe as YUM!





Riaad Moosa, (actor, comedian, qualified medical doctor AND father of 2 with another on the way) entertained us with the truths about parenting, leaving us all in stitches. I haven’t had my cheeks hurt like that, in a very long time. There is nothing better than being able to laugh and relate to others!

Before we left, to spend the rest of the afternoon with my mom, Axl was spoilt with a goodie bag which contained a pack of the new Huggies Gold, 2 packs of wipes, a baby lab coat, a box with kiddies experiments and a name tag for my little professor.

I cannot begin to thank Huggies and Sabio Communications for the incredible opportunity. We thoroughly enjoyed the morning spent with you and your team and am so sold on the stunning new concepts offered by Huggies!

-- Disclosure: My flights to this event were covered by Sabio Communications. I was not asked to write about the event in exchange for product samples, received. I have provided you with an honest review of my experience.



1 comment:

  1. Awesome event! I'm so jealous of the freebies! But I'm glad to see they're chaning up the diaper shape and needs to keep up with demands.

    ReplyDelete

UA-50744660-2