What's in my Nappy-Bag?



I decided to put a spin on the usual "what's in my handbag?" series and show you what I pack in my nappy bag, on the daily basis. My first week of being a mom, I remember what an overwhelming duty this was, as I was never too sure what I may need. Honestly, most times all you need is nappies, wipes and bum-cream. So don't go over board with 6 spare outfits because, "just in case!" - believe me, you feel the extra weight when trying to juggle a newborn, pram, carrier seat and this ton of a nappy bag all while trying to pay for parking!


I bought my 'Little One' nappy bag for R150 on a Kinderelo special, plus it came with the change-mat, dummy chain, bottle cooler and a wallet. Cute ey? It isn't the fanciest but it does the job well!
I believe that these items form the basic list of what to pack and usually are already sitting in the bag, ready to go at any time. You cannot do without these!
Today, I have packed:
  • 6 x Huggies Gold Boy's Nappies: 6 is a safe number, it is the average amount of nappies a baby goes through in a day. I like to pack 6 as I never know what could happen while we're out, so this is one of those times that I like to be safe!
  • Oh So Heavenly Baby Bum-Cream: My baby-bum cream is forever changing, today I have packed Oh So Heavenly's which has a beautiful scent and is amazingly thick, creating a good barrier to keep nasty rashes away!
  • Johnson's Baby wipes: You can never have too many wipes! I use them everywhere from cleaning bums to removing my eye-makeup. I picked up 3 x Johnson's wipes at Makro for R60 last week. HUGE SAVE!

Next on my list of things to pack is clothes! I can never be too sure with PE weather, so I like to include a spare outfit for whichever the weather may go. 

  • Cool outfit: Cotton short body suit from Edgars
  • Warm outfit: Vest and long sleep suit from Ackermans
  • Socks: Let's just take a moment to discuss how CUTE these Mickey Mouse Rattle socks are from Pick 'n Pay. I picked them up this past weekend for R49.95. Axl gets the greatest joy from kicking his feet and hearing the little rattles.
  • Bib: I like to keep a spare bib in his bag as he is forever spitting-up, leaving his clothes completely soaked. I find that these bibs (not sure where this one is from) that have plastic lining at the back are PERFECT as they absorb while protecting clothes. I saw a pack of 5 in a variety of colours from Clicks and if I am not mistaken the price was R73.95.
Next is creams and lotions. 
  • Purity & Elizabeth Anne's baby aqueous cream: I love the scent of this cream and keep one next to his compactum and one in the nappy bag! It is both nourishing and gentle to the skin, restoring moisture and leaving your baby smelling fresh!
  • Purity & Elizabeth Anne's nipple cream: HA! The lovely lady who I speak to about all of Purity's products, suggested that I use this as a lip balm. I kid you not, this is the most amazing lip balm... EVER! I cannot be without it!
  • Purity & Elizabeth Anne's petroleum jelly: I always have one at hand for those extra dry spots. A product that does soooo much and is convenient for the entire family!

And lastly... 
  • Cotton blanket: I have a collection of blankets that range in thickness and material and each holds its own use, but the ones I find the most versatile are the cotton ones. They are perfect for swaddling, are not too thick, they fit nicely in the carrier seat, provide warmth and don't take up too much space in the bag. 
  • Burpers: I find burpers useless! One burp and the entire thing is soaked and can't be used again, throughout the day. While at home, I usually make use of old-school nappies but when I am out, I find that those are far too bulky. These burpers come in sets of 3 from Checkers - who has an amazing baby section filled with convenient things - I find them to be soft and a little more absorbent than others that I have tried. Also, they're small and convenient to pack.
  • Feeding Vest: This is a home-made vest. My gran took a thinish scarf, and sewed the edges together to form a vest that won't fall off the shoulders, provides cover for when I need to feed and is thin enough that Axl doesn't overheat. 



1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are very organised! I still use my nappy bag but now it has to have a truck! Water! Cookies! Pouch of food!

    ReplyDelete

UA-50744660-2