Colds and Flu

Last week, Axl and I both got a crazy case of the flu. I can't remember when last I coughed so much that my entire body ached from it and of course, as soon as I showed sounds of recovery, Axl fell ill.

I thought that this would be the perfect time to share some of my go-to products, plus a few worth mentioning for the future.

Purity has extended their range by introducing Pedia Kids! Admittedly, I absolutely adore this range as I am a little OCD, and like that I can have all the much needed 'medicine' products from one brand. The packaging is pretty neat and convenient too, and I get peace of mind from knowing that these products were created with my little tot in mind.

I have been using:


Cough Syrup

Unlike most cough syrups, this one is free from alcohol, caffeine and tartazine. It tastes just like honey and is so safe, that you can use it from birth. I especially like that it doesn't cause drowsiness and helps soothe a sore throat and phlegmy cough.



Vapour Rub

To this day, I dislike how strong the sent of Vicks can be, but I won't deny the effectiveness. However, Vicks is not recommended to be anywhere near children so it is extremely helpful that Purity has introduced this vapour rub. It isn't as strong or thick in formula but gets the job done. It can be used to help babies from 6 months by massaging some on their backs, chest and shoulder. 


Nasal Spray

When Axl has a blocked nose, he struggles to sleep and feed. I have used Illiadin in the past, but have recently started making use of this spray. The saline spray can help clear a congested nose right from birth and is safe for daily use. 

I haven't tried


Throat Pops

Axl is still too young for these but there is no doubt that I will be adding these to my medicine cupboard when he is 2 years old. 

Other Products to include


Iliadin Nasal Drops

Axl can become a little difficult and I struggle with the nasal spray that I mentioned above, so I keep Iliadin Nasal Drops, which are easily dropped with the little dropper, into his nose. 



Letibalm Paediatric

I use this for both Axl and the adults of the house. It is great to stop the skin between your nose and mouth from turning red, cracked and dry. The paediatric one smells divine and treats the sensitive skin. 

Disclosure:
Purity - 8
Letibalm - 1

 photo MeganSignature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-50744660-2