Purity & Elizabeth Anne's Good Nights Head-to-Toe Wash



Phew! I have no idea when last I did an actual review on here - sorry guys! Axl is growing far too quickly and becoming quite the discoverer, so been busy, you know... keeping him from trying to kill himself.

Purity and Elizabeth Anne's were so kind to send Axl their head-to-toe wash and I just have to share with you the amazingness which is this product. Previously, I have used their baby body wash and shampoo but I wasn't completely sold on the texture (it's kinda gel-like) and it burnt his eyes when I rinsed his hair. However, their brand new head-to- toe wash still forms part of their good-nights range but has no nasties that may cause his eyes to burn. Also, the formula is creamy and very much like their original Elizabeth Anne's baby shampoo (The pink bottle!) The scent is my absolute favourite! Lately, I have found a few other brands to have a very potent and artificial baby scent (I always feel like they're trying to say, this is how a baby must smell!) but with Purity and Elizabeth Anne's they have always given a scent that's on the border of clean, fresh and gentle, while still smelling like a baby and not linen. As mentioned, it is very similar to their original baby shampoo, it has the same consistency and has become my personal favourite for removing makeup and even shaving. (Perhaps, this should be my next "Is it Beauty or Is it Baby?" feature?) I like that if I don't rinse it off properly, you can rub it in and it doubles up, as a moisturising cream! I was told recently that for years, my mother-in-law only washed her hair with their baby shampoo, combating knots. Admittedly, I have never had an issue with Axl having knots, that could be thanks to using only the best *wink-wink*. Also, I love the convenience of the pump bottle! These are more handy than you think, especially when you have a wriggly worm for a son!

Now a little bit about the good-nights range!

I am part of a few mom-groups, and often this topic comes up. Moms want something that will relax and soothe their baby before bed time. So a mom (me) will suggest this range and a fellow mom will bring up the fact that it didn't put her baby to sleep. This humors me, because I have to bite my tongue and stop myself asking if they're not perhaps looking for a sedative, instead? The range isn't meant to knock your children out, again, I go back to the word, "gentle" as it best describes this range. Basically, what the incredible people at Purity and Elizabeth Anne's have done is combine a few aromatherapy oils (chamomile, lavendar and tea-tree.) These oils have calming properties and tea-tree is a handy-dandy oil to have lying around at home, as it works as a disinfectant and helps heal sores, bumps and einas. Most parents tend to bath their cherubs after dinner and just before their bedtime feed. By massaging the wash all over your baby, the oils tend to calm and prepare him for bed time. Admittedly, I bath Axl during the day as I work at night. I time it just before his next nap and have found that if I am bathing with him, he will try feed and go to sleep while we're still in the bath! The scent is very comforting and light, whereas mixing your own oils can be a little strong on their little lungs.

 photo MeganSignature.png
Disclosure: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-50744660-2