What's up and happening

MY BABY STARTED WALKING!!


That's all folks!

Axl took his first step last Wednesday but by Friday he was doing it more frequently and followed the instruction, "walk to mom." He takes about 3 steps before laughing hysterically and losing his balance. I am not sure whether it's nerves or excitement - perhaps a bit of both - but it is infectious and too cute!

Besides becoming more confident on his own two feet, he has grown a big personality overnight. He is loud and constantly needs to make it known that he is around. When all goes quiet, I start searching for him, in the strangest places, like the fire place.




He loves to be in his ball pit and as I type those very words, he is sitting in it, laughing hysterically at himself kicking all the balls around, and by around I mean out the tent. He also took very quickly to the walker that my mom bought him and has since turned EVERYTHING into a walker. See that coffee table? Push it across the floor and it's just as good as a walker. He has learnt to lift and turn the walker when there are things in his way and has stated to patrol the house. He literally takes the walker from my bedroom, out the door, through the lounge, to the kitchen's entrance where he can go no further, turns around and comes back. Being sure to have a scream at the dogs in between! He absolutely adores the animals - any animal! Our dogs have learnt to play with him, being gentle and playful enough to get a laugh. The laughs just encourage more strange behaviour from their side and it becomes a huge play! He has spotted a few birds nearby and has started talking to them, expecting them to answer, too. I am pretty sure this is due to me downing bottles of water, when I was pregnant (and still tend to do) but Axl sees a pump bottle and makes it his life goal to gulp it. I love that he enjoys water and food. He will try anything you give him!


Other new things that he has learnt is that when I moan at him or doing something, he points his finger at me and waves it about while shouting. Yesterday, all was silent and I could hear him in the bathroom, I said "Axl?" and before I could even get there, he was on a full rant. As much as most parents would say that defiance is a bad thing, I realize that he is trying to test the waters and see how far he can push. He is going to be so strong-willed, which will be a characteristic I will be proud of in his teen-years.


I have learnt so much since having Axl and there are so many things that I wish to teach him. I have noticed how a few other mommy bloggers have mentioned that relatable fear of dying while your children are young, and not having the opportunity to share the lessons. Their posts make it hard for me to swallow and are absolutely beautiful!


I'd like Axl to learn to always be sure of himself and to stick up for what is right. It is a harsh world, full of close minded people who would much rather accept the wrong-doings, for a quiet life than get up and fight for what is right. The effort is always worth it, and being able to sleep at night because your mind is at peace is more gratifying than having friends and family who corner you into doing things their way. Remember there is no one way, there are many ways and many journeys. And they will ultimately lead to two destinations, your happiness or their happiness. As hard as it may seem, you cannot live your life to make them happy. You have to live with your actions and decisions and while you're busy making them happy, who makes you happy? Do what makes your heart sing, fills your tummy with flutterbies and makes you gleeful to wake each morning.


 photo MeganSignature.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-50744660-2