Huggies: My First Nappy (Size: 0)


Overall Rating: 5
Cost: 4
Quality:5
Effectiveness: 5

Price:  +/- R69available from Kalahari, Clicks, Makro, Pick 'n Pay, etc

If I am completely honest, I have to admit that majority of my brand choices, as a mom, are purely based on what my mom used with my sister - 10 years ago. But when it came to nappies, I went against hers and the rest of my family's first choice and chose Huggies. Reason being, I am more than impressed with their new range of boys and girls nappies, seeing to the specific needs of each gender. 

Now, I would hate to think that I was the only one who would freak out for each nappy change, in fear that with all his kicking, he may rip the umbilical cord. I had originally only purchased size 1, expecting a chubby-thigh baby boy - like the babies in magazines. However, I got a very tall and skinny baby, who, although full term, had to wear extra-prem clothes because he was so tiny. It seems like his legs grow, but the top half stays the same, making clothes an uphill battle! Needless to say, size 1 nappies took him, under his arms and were rather useless! So there lie, my last issue of Your Pregnancy, where I read all about Huggies unique cut-out to accommodate the umbilical cord. 


At first, I was annoyed that you only get 24 nappies in a pack, but looking back - I take my hat off to their researchers! There were precisely enough nappies to get me through the umbilical cord stage and just as they were getting too snug, the cord fell off and the nappies ran out! I believe that the pack is well priced as no other brand offers this unique cut-out and believe me, the cut out is well worth it! Nappy changes went from complete "deer caught in the headlights" to "cool, sophisticated mom has got this down!" I no longer feared the nappy causing pain or uncomfortable chaffing, and found that he seemed more comfortable too. Also, the cord dries out quicker when exposed to air which means less time worrying about the small things and more time enjoying your newborn (or catching up on some much needed sleep). 


After using size 0, I moved on to size 1. I love that both of these sizes were decorated in Pooh-Bear designs, after all - who doesn't love Pooh-Bear? I found that the nappies were ultra absorbent and very soft on his skin, despite him having extra-sensitive skin, I didn't experience any nappy rashes or irritations, to my relief! 


Overall, I am very impressed with Huggies! I love their promotion deals that I get from Baby City, where I get a pack of wet wipes too - these are very convenient and you can never have enough wipes, with a baby in the house. I am aware of friends who have children, who did have reactions - but in my experience, I am seriously impressed! Considering that Axl could not wear his clothes until they were all rewashed as the rash was so bad, and he is being treated with tea-tree on the daily basis, I am relieved and so happy to have chosen Huggies.

3 comments:

  1. Via Twitter:
    Mar 17
    @beautyblogza Thanks for the lovely review! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed My First Nappy. Sending Huggies hugs to your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Via Twitter:
    Mar 17
    We love these

    ReplyDelete
  3. Via Twitter:
    Mar 24
    @beautyblogza We're so happy that our Huggies Pure Wipes were perfect for little Axl. :)

    ReplyDelete

UA-50744660-2